With growing popularity of CakePHP, you can benefit from becoming a CakePHP certified engineer. CakePHP certified engineers will be listed below and will be able to use the CakePHP trademark when promoting their services.
Becoming a CakePHP certified engineer is easy.
- Build an application in CakePHP
- Refactor your code
- Tell us why you want to be a certified and what you did to get your application going
- Zip or Tar your application
- Submit your application to certification at cakefoundation dot org
We will review the application, and either certify you as a developer or ask you to refactor some more. You will have the opportunity to submit the same application 3 times.
We look for:
- strict following of the CakePHP coding standards
- maximum re-use of code
- clean use of associations
- clean controllers
- minimized logic in views
$45US application fee, then what? Free like beer or fees like Microsoft?
Beyond the initial application fee, additional fees are dependent upon the quality of your application. For example, if your application makes perfect use of the CakePHP coding standards and features, you may receive certification for free, as in beer. If, your application needs some work and we need to suggest some changes, then the fee would relate to how much time it takes us to review the application. We are happy to provide estimates, if you are curious.
become one and have your name listed here.